Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunday Supper Club - Inaugural



One of my fondest childhood memories was Sunday dinner. Growing up at my house it was a big deal and all were welcome to join. As I moved into adulthood and out of my parents home I found myself missing the ritual of our Sunday dinners where we gathered for good food surrounded by family and friends. 

Settling into my new home in Raleigh, something seemed to be missing. That something was Sunday dinner. The ritual of cooking a good meal, not just for myself but for others as well. So, with a good group of friends we started our first Sunday Supper Club.

As we gathered at the table new friends and old friends became instant family. My dining room has never looked so good and I am certain my mother would have loved the site of a full table with great food being enjoyed by all.

I am very much looking forward to many more Sunday dinners with this fantastic group of people.

The menu for this first dinner consisted of;

Appetizer - Olive Tapenade, compliments of Melissa & Josh

Salad - Grill Squid Steaks, Grilled Veggies over a bed of mixed greens and topped with a peach vinaigrette, compliments of Chef Sarig

Main Course - Summer Pasta loaded with fresh basil, olives, garlic, olive oil and cheese, compliments of Jolene

Dessert - Strawberry Sabaione, compliments of Tobi

In addition to great food we had several fantastic bottles of wine. The selection consisted of; Ecco Domani 2007 Pinot Grigio, Condesa 2007 Garnacha, Hess Select 2004 Syrah, Sea Glass 2008 Sauvignon Blanc, Milton Park 2007 Shiraz and Mirassou 2008 Pinot Noir.



No comments:

Post a Comment