1. Cook 2 cups of green or brown lentils until tender (DO NOT overcook they should be still al dente).
2. Put the lentils in a bowl and sprinkle rice vinegar over the top, stir until coated. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Make 1 cup of wheat couscous - per instructions.
4. Mix the couscous with the lentils and refrigerate.
5. Make a homemade balsamic vinaigrette; Balsamic vinegar, Extra virgin olive oil, ground pepper, sea salt, minced fresh garlic (2 cloves), fresh chopped basil and about 1 tbsp of dijon mustard. Mix thoroughly. The color should come out to a nice creamy brown.
6. Rinse a container of cherry tomatos, slice in have length wise. - Add to the lentils & couscous.
7. Take a small container of feta cheese - add to the lentils and couscous.
8. Small jar of Kalamata olives, drain, cut in half, add to the lentils and couscous.
9. Fresh basil, chop, add to the above.
10. Pour some, not all, of your dressing over the top of the salad and mix until coated.
Refrigerate to let all the flavors soak in. Then enjoy!