Pantry Raid Menu:
1. Lemon Chicken
2. Ziti Pasta with Red Sauce
3. Mixed Greens - no dressing needed
4. Apple Lemon Cake
Results.....Rave reviews and happy guests.
This is the standard red sauce that I have posted in the past. Just pick any sort of fun pasta to go with it for a great side dish. Don't forget the freshly grated Pecorino cheese.
Salad mix, sliced radishes, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced carrots, 2 cloves of garlic pressed, sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt then toss lightly until evenly coated.
1. Take 3 skinned boneless chicken breasts and slice them into thinner pieces full size (about 3 per piece).
2. Place cut pieces between two pieces of plastic wrap.
3. Pound with mallet until flattened.
4. Coat in an egg (take 3 eggs and beat).
5. Coat in Italian bread crumbs.
6. Add to olive oil to a frying pan, when heated add chicken and cook until browned on each side.
7. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and sea salt.
We cheated on this. I had a box of yellow cake mix in my pantry that I wanted to get some use out of. Mix the cake per directions, add in freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon rind. Peel and slice some apples. Prep the cake pack with butter and flour. Arrange apple slices on bottom of pan. Pour cake batter over the top and cook as directed. Once completed, let cool then flip over on to a plate. Once completely cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.