Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mom's Home Cooking

For some reason the fall season is when I feel the need to stay in, cook up a good meal and hang out in front of the fireplace. It is also when I spend the most time reflecting back on the yummy meals of my youth. My mom was an amazing cook and ruined my brothers and I for life on how we define food and what is good. No chain restaurant would ever stand a chance in our eyes, I mean, really, how could you pay for a meal out for mediocre food when you could pay for a meal cooked a home that is yummy and that will last for days.

Lately my mind has been thinking over so many recipes due to me being the next host of Sunday Supper Club, my mouth is watering while writing this just thinking about all the things I could be making. There is a variety of hearty soups, tamale pie, chicken pillows, sweet and sour chicken, brat with sauerkraut and potatoes, the list goes on.

Oh what to make? I have something planned that may not seem exciting at first but I am certain all will love.


No comments:

Post a Comment