Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Most Delicious Dinner Recipe...According To My Neighbor

So our next dinner is right around the corner and I am still as excited to see you all as I was the first dinner that we hosted.

My neighbor sent me an email today titled "Most Delicious Dinner Recipe", she invited me over the night she made it but I had a previous engagement. It looked delicious and judging from her email it was. So of course I had to share it with you all.

GLAZED CHICKEN WITH PARSNIPS
AND DRIED FRUIT


2 T virgin olive oil
6 medium shallots
4 medium parsnips - peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 T whole grain mustard
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cumin
8 medium chicken thighs ( they say skin on, but I didn't)
kosher salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup pitted prunes - roughly chopped ( I used 1 cup)
1/2 cup dried apricots ,roughly chopped ( I used 1 cup)
1 T apple cider vinegar


************A skillet that can be used in the oven as well as on the
stove top. *****


Position a rack in the center oven and preheat to 425 degrees.

Heat olive oil- add shallots and parsnips and cook until golden brown

Whisk preserves, mustard,ginger and cumin in a bowl.

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Put glaze on top of each piece of
chicken.

Scatter the dried fruit in to the skillet.

Place chicken (skin side up) on top Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a
boil.Cover and cook about 6 minutes.

Uncover and transfer to oven.Cook until the chicken and veggies are
tender and golden- about 25 minutes.

Push the chicken aside and add vinegar- add water if too thick. Serve
from skillet !!!!!!!


Yet another meal on my list to cook. Damn Singleton, I will be living off this for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment