If you are spending Valentines Day alone like I did, there is no reason you can't eat cake!
This is one of my favorite cakes that I found in the Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Magazine back in 1997.
Not only is it low fat and delicious, but also super easy and quick to make.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla (I also add 1 teaspoon of almond flavoring)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup skim milk
1 (10oz) pkg. frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed. (I use fresh to avoid the syrup)
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 8" round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until well blended. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and egg; beat well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and baking powder to butter mixture; mix at low speed until ingredients are combined. Blend in milk. Pour batter evenly into sprayed pan.
4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, place all sauce ingredients in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade; blend until smooth. Strain to remove seeds.
6. So serve, cut warm cake into wedges; place on dessert plates and top each with sauce.