* any type of ground meat (beef, pork, lamb, etc).
* one medium size onion
* one can cream of mushroom soup
* one can grean beans or frozen peas (drain the green beans)
* potatoes (to be used for mashed potatoes)
* 3 cloves garlic (to be used together with mashed potatoes)
* butter and milk (to be used for mashed potatoes).
* grated cheese (cheddar it typically used, but other cheese varities may be used).
* I also add in a can of corn, drained
Peel potatoes and cut into cubes and place in large pot. Peel garlic and place in pot with potatoes. Fill with water and bring to a boil While the potatoes are cooking, dice onion and saute in sauce pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add the ground meat and brown. Add the can of cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas or canned green beans, and turn heat to low and simmer while finishing the mashed potatoes.
Place meat mixture first in a casserole dish, cover with the mashed potatoes and top with the grated cheddar cheese. Place in oven heated to 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese has melted and is slightly bubbled. Serve warm with freshly ground black pepper.